- CMS: Wordpress, Drupal, Magento, Resource Space, Moveable Type
- Techniques: Scrum, Kanban, Requirements definition, Technical Analysis, Documentation, Budget Estimation, Performance Optimization, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Web Analytics, Data Migration, Database Designing
- Design Experience: Web Design, User Interface Design, Interaction Design, Logos, Email Templates, Brochure
- Web Tools: FTP, SSH, SVN, DNS, Hosting
- Design Tools: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Balsamiq
- Project Mgmt Tools: Basecamp, Harvest, Bugzilla, Balsamiq, MS Visio
- Integrations: Google Adwords, Double Click, MS OpenX, Facebook Ads, Paypal Payment Gateway – API/Non API, Authorize.net, Google Checkout
- Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux (Ubuntu)
Kaazunut 2008 - Present
Kaazunut (http://kaazunut.com) is my own company, I provide Web Design, Wordpress development and Graphics Design Services. I am a successful freelancer because over the years I’ve acquired several key skills: communication, requirements definition, estimation, iterative design. Using these skills I help my customers promote their business via their web sites.
● Developed design mockups based on customer input, target audience, budget and technology using Photoshop. Worked with customers to improve and polish the design to suit their needs.
● Extracted artifacts from Photoshop designs to create Wordpress themes. All themes are built using responsive design to ensure usability on a variety of different form factors.
● Created custom Wordpress themes based on design, installed and configured plugins as required. Worked with customers to setup hosting agreements with different vendors and in some cases hosted sites on my servers.
● Optimized site content for load time, followed industry best practices optimized for search engine ranking and results. Submitted site and site maps to various search engines to ensure content was searchable and indexed.
● Created documentation and provided training to customers to help them work and operate the site. Provided video based tutorials demonstrating how to create new content and change configuration.
● Provided additional marketing tie-ins for Twitter, facebook and printed media to link the customer brand across platform.
● Designed and developed Wordpress themes, clip art and other digital artifacts for sale on online marketplaces like Etsy and Creative Market
Loewy Design 2012 – 2013
At Loewy, I was responsible for working directly with clients to define requirements and develop Wordpress, Drupal, Resource Space and Magento based websites. I was involved in creating themes, creating and configuring plugins, deploying, importing data, testing and troubleshooting. I also built email templates, web pages using HTML/CSS and JQuery, integrated payment gateways, like Paypal, and Ad servers like MS OpenX.
● I played an instrumental role introducing Scrum based agile practices into the company. Scrum allowed the team to be more responsive to customer requirements and provided managers more visibility into team workflow
● Of the many Wordpress based websites, I contributed to the development of Waterlogic.com and waterlogicfirewall.com. These sites are multi-lingual and multi blog Wordpress based website. The content area is highly customizable offering many reusable, customizable UI components. While it offers very complex component compositions from the backend, it is very user friendly. I also developed an AJAX/JSON based integration with a partner website using Resource Space.
● Configured and created themes for Magento based websites. Installed and created plugins for the Magento based janetkain.com website. The solution I engineered was economical to maintain. It provided the customer with inventory management, product and order management. Installed and built various modules: banner management system, store locator, featured image, as seen in. Finally I tested and verified the site on various browsers and devices to ensure the highest quality.
● Developed Drupal based report management system for OTR Global. Created a new Drupal theme based on PSDs, installed and configured plugins to address customer requirements.
White Digital Media 2010 - 2011
As a Senior Drupal Developer I was responsible for maintenance of 17 magazine websites. I built and configured the system to allow the efficient management of the sites from a single dashboard. Authors were able to login and publish articles to one or more sites from a single location. I lead the development effort to ensure optimal speed and SEO for all the sites along with integration with various Ad networks like Doubleclick and Google. An author could login once and publish an article to one or more sites on the same page single source, single database multi-site installation.
● As a senior developer I often took the lead on projects and mentored junior developers. I provided technical guidance to managers and worked directly with the CTO to develop new solutions and products
● I designed and developed the corporate website, wdmgroup.com, using Wordpress. The new site required the creation of multiple templates and use of various plugins in order to provide the functionality and modern look.
● Built proof of concept architecture and deployment of sites on Moveable Type. Created data migration scripts to move content from Drupal. Lead the team to run performance tests on the Moveable Type implementation.
Saviance Technologies 2006 - 2010
At Saviance Technologies, I was responsible for acquiring new leads for projects. Communicate with clients to understand requirements and do technical analysis. Write requirements
documentation and estimate project budgets and timelines based on available resources.
● Created website mockups in Photoshop and built themes in Wordpress. Also designed for print media: brochures, flyers, business cards.
● Designed company logos and marketing artifacts for clients.
Maharashtra Institute of Technology